How apprenticeships work for your business
Why choose an apprenticeship for your business?
Over 200,000 employers are already offering apprenticeships according to the Department for Education – so what are the benefits to employing an apprentice?
Recruiting an apprentice can help you increase productivity and fill skills gaps that exist in your current workforce. Likewise, you can also access training for existing staff members to aid continuous personal development.
- It has been reported that an apprenticeship improves productivity by £214 per week
- They are a great way to introduce new staff, re-train or upskill existing staff, helping you address skill shortages in your business
- 80% of companies who take part in apprenticeships report increased staff retention
- 77% of employers feel it makes them more competitive
- 57% of companies report their apprentices progress into management roles
- Staff gain skills and qualifications without taking time out of employment – minimising business disruption
- Apprenticeships are designed to address business needs
- You could receive up to 100% funding towards apprenticeship programmes*
- 92% of employers believe apprenticeships lead to a “more motivated and satisfied workforce”
- It was reported that 81% of consumers prefer companies who employ apprentices
If you'd like to find out more you can request to meet one of our Account Managers.
*You still need to pay the apprentice’s wage; the funding supports the cost of the training
Data compiled by the National Apprenticeship Service and www.gov.uk